Desafio de Pintura – Primeiro marine pronto!

Posted: 22/03/2007 in Pintura

Salve!

 

Consegui terminar ontem o primeiro marine do army que estou construindo para o desafio de pintura proposto aqui, pintar 1000 pontos em um ano.

Devo confessar que até terminar a peça estava bastante inseguro com relação ao futuro do projeto, notadamente se eu conseguiria termina-lo ou não, pois estava bastante inseguro e indeciso em relação a diversos pontos da pintura, notadamente os highlights da armadura em azul e com relação a qual das companhias representar.

Como as fotos vão apontar acabei me decidindo pela 3ª companhia dos Ultramarines, como denota a ombreira com detalhes em vermelho.

“Fluffwise” a terceira companhia participou ativamente na “First Tyrannic War”quando os Tyranids chegaram a invadir o mundo natal dos Ultramarines, Macragge, sendo posteriormente debelados porém a um custo incalculável para o capitulo já que a primeira companhia dos Ultramarines foi completamente aniquilada na defesa do planeta.

Na pintura optei por highlights sutis no azul da armadura e por uma aparência mais sombria e desgastada. Continuo insistindo na pintura dos pequenos arranhões na pintura da armadura, que embora ainda estejam longe do que considero ideal começam a tomar forma agora que me é mais aprazível.

De modo geral a pintura foi simples o que não impediu que eu ficasse bastante satisfeito com a miniatura. As fotos a seguir mostram o resultado final:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Por fim uma foto comparativa mostrando a altura final do marine “true scale” em relação a outro marine sem qualquer conversão dos meus Salamanders.

 

 

Abraços e até a próxima.

 

 

 

Hello there!

 

It’s been a while since I last wrote anything in English here but back then the visitors here were mainly from my home country, Brazil, so I felt no urge to write in English.

Well time has proved me wrong and now I shall pay the price, as lots of people from other countries have taken the time to visit this blog only to find a strange mumble jumble they couldn’t understand (Portuguese).

Thus, I have decided to write in the “universal” language again, mainly because I think it’s polite to address the visitors from other countries in a language they’ll recognize(chances are you’ll probably understand English… more than Portuguese anyway).

Today’s update is a big break on the painting challenge I embarked upon a while ago, painting 1000 points worth of warhammer 40K models in a year, but that was, up to now, moving slowly forward.

Alas it shall be no more. Completing the model last night has given me a new influx of inspiration so I think more Ultramarines might come this way in the near future.

The reason I wasn’t 100% into the challenge was my own indecision towards certain choices I had to make, like the company I’d depict and what colors I’d use in highlights.

In the end I decided to go with a darker, weathered color scheme, opting to portray the 3rd Battle Company of the Ultramarines. The last choice being highly motivated by the commendable actions of the 3rd Company in the First Tyranninc Wars, when hive fleet behemoth invaded the home world of the Ultramarines, Macragge, being defeated at a terrible cost for the chapter, the loss of it’s entire 1st Company.

Overall it was a simple paintjob, which produced a model I’m quite happy with, which you can judge by the pictures above. The last picture is a comparison shot between the Ultramarine and one of my salamanders, the Ultramarine being converted into a “true scale” marine with the addition of some plasticard pieces.

That’s it for now. Hope to see you around here soon.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s