Ok! So we’re on the sixth article for the Project “A Tale of X Gamers”!

 

I finished painting 16 Termagaunts this month, using a pretty fast technique, since these are basic troops and I’ll need 30 of them or more. I’ve kept track of how much time I spent on these models (only in painting them, setting aside the time spent on prepping them for painting).

 

I had no idea how long it would take me to paint a unit such as this, so I was pretty surprised with the end result. I took 5 hours and 50 minutes, plus another 3 hours preparing them, gluing and making the bases. I managed to paint them that fast because I used the airbrush once again and cut some corners on the process.

 

I didn’t focus as much on highlights as I had done before, and I didn’t paint a few details, but their quality is pretty close to what I had already done on previous painted models. I used lots of washes, and even if it darkens a bit the end result, I believe I managed to achieve a pretty nice effect.

 

They were painted in series which also helped speeding up the process a lot.

 

Out of these 16 models, I did 10 with Devourers and 6 with Fleshborers. I intend to use the Devourer armed ones to guard objectives.

 

And I think that’s it for today. Remember this is the latest part in a series of articles published here on The Painting Frog. You can click the links to check part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4 and part 5.

 

+++

 

Ok! Estamos no sexto artigo do projeto Um Conto de X Jogadores!

 

Terminei 16 termagaunts esse mês, usei uma técnica bem rápida , já que são tropas básicas e vou precisar de 30 deles ou mais. Cronometrei o tempo que eu utilizei pra pintar esses modelos (apenas pintar, não preparar elas).

 

Eu não tinha idéia do tempo que precisava para pintar uma unidade dessas, e fiquei bastante surpreso com o resultado. Levei 5h e 50min , mais umas 3 horas pra peparar , colar e fazer as bases. Consegui esse tempo pois usei aerógrafo e pulei alguns passos.

 

Não me concentrei tanto nos highlights, e não pintei alguns detalhes, mas a qualidade delas ficou muito parecida com o que eu já tinha feito com os outros modelos. Usei bastante washes, mas ela costuma escurecer demais a pintura. Mesmo assim consegui um efeito bem legal.

 

Elas foram pintadas em série, o que também ajudou bastante para acelerar o processo.

 

Desses 16 modelos, 10 deles eu fiz com devourers e 6 com fleshborers. Eu vou utilizar os 10 com devourers pra guardar objetivos.

 

E acho que é isso por hoje. Lembre-se que está é a sexta parte de uma série de artigos. Você pode clicar os links para conferir os artigos anteriores (parte 1, parte 2, parte 3, parte 4 e parte 5).

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s